I’ve got your Answers right here.

Viewer NG emailed:

 What do you do if your loved one got food poisoned by a food at a deli
or a restaurant?

My 14 year old son got food poisoned by a sandwich from XXXHe was sick for 2 days.  Vomiting, diarrhea, and fever.  He was miserable.  But Amy, I can’t prove the sandwich was contaminated.  It’s my instinct and I believe mother’s instinct is usually right.

I will not go back to the XXX ever again.   But, if they are  not preparing food properly, there will be another victim. Is there anything I can do? 


I am sorry this happened to your son.
If your concern is making sure no one else gets sick, I suggest you file
a complaint with the Health Department.
You can make that complaint online at this link.

 Gail emailed:

I have begun receiving calls at my work number from a man with a very thick Indian accent from this number:209-623-4683.  He tells me that he a case has been filed against me with his law firm in California and that officers are going to come and arrest me. I am pretty sure this is a scam, but would like some help in busting these predators.


CBS also did a more detailed story about the group last year.

The CBS story gives this advice:
If you get one of these phone calls DO NOT provide any verifying information. Either hang up or demand that the debt collector send verification of the debt in writing. Then:

* IMMEDIATELY put a fraud alert on your credit file with all of the major credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax and Transunion. Because the scammers have consumer Social Security numbers, your risk of becoming a victim of identity theft is through the roof.

* You will automatically get a copy of your credit report when you issue the fraud alert. Be sure to read it carefully and identify any item that’s not yours.

* If there are numerous new accounts or “hard” inquiries-those are where you have supposedly requested credit-file a police report. (Soft inquiries are when a creditor has requested general information about you to provide a pre-approved offer of credit. They are nothing to worry about.)

Also report the fraud to your local Better Business Bureau and to the Federal Trade Commission, which enforces the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.

Viewer RS emailed:
For nearly 2 -3 months I’ve been battling this company that I purchased a text book from. I received the text book and it was the incorrect one. I emailed the site and it took nearly 2 to 3 weeks to get a response. In the response I was told that I would receive a full refund plus shipping when the book was returned. That was 9/13, to date I have yet to receive a response from them…I don’t even know if they received the book. I have been emailing them every day and have not received a response. They don’t have a listed phone number. I do not know what to do!!! Please advise the next steps I should take. Your help is greatly appreciated!!!!
Answer: Stop calling and emailing and send a certified letter. Explain everything in the letter (when you ordered the book, that they sent you the wring one, the emailed response telling you to return it for a refund, and now- your unsuccessful attempts to reach anyone or get your refund). 
You should write that you plan to  take them to small claims court and report them to the Texas Attorney General if they do not send you a refund within 30 days. 
The other thing to consider is how you paid for the item. If you used your credit card, you should dispute the charge with your credit card company to get your money back that way.  

There are no comments on this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: